[WWI] Phönix C.I

Buz Pezold pezo8481 at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 3 10:06:36 EST 2007

Michael,

You ask:
Does anyone know where I can find detailed colour photos of the interior of
a Phönix C.I? I thought they had some in Sweden who used them in the early
post-WW1 period - maybe they're not around anymore.

     Look in WINDSOCK Vol. 14, No. 4, July/August 1998.  The inside cover
has some color interior shots of the Phönix D.III at the musseum in Sweden.
Granted it is not the Phönix C.I, but it may be helpful and give you some
ideas.  I have built the Sierra Scale vac kits of the Phönix D.I, D.II and
C.I and used those pictures as a guide.  I have the Flying Machine Press
book on the A-H Army Aircraft of WWI, but it does not have many interior
pictures and certainly not in color.  I hope this helps.  Good luck on your
C.I.  I think the Sierra offering is  a nifty little kit.  Take Care!

Buz