[WWI] Phönix C.I

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:55:35 EST 2007

Progress continues with the Sierra Scale 1/72 Phönix.

Last night I sanded out the fuselage halves from the vacuform sheet. The
kit's metal engine appears a little too wide to close the fuselage. Also,
the fuselage opening is also a little too short to allow the engine's top
part to poke through, so that needs to be opened up a bit too.  At first I
thought I'd sanded the vac too much but the cockpit and observer's openings
look correct, and the latter matches the size of the metal gun ring.  I will
have to add a few slivers of plastic from the vac sheet to close the thing
up - no big deal.  Half the fuselage is going to be made of Milliput anyhow
because the lower wing is one piece and a huge "Hole" has to be filled where
it sits under the fuselage.

Michael