[WWI] Old humbrol

Nigel Cheffers-Heard su3264 at eclipse.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 03:29:34 EST 2007

Additionally, I gather the old paints were made by the Humber Oil
Company, the current ones are made in China.
My experience of Chinese-made artists colours is that their pigments
are not as finely ground. Although it is an empirical test, seeing
how long it takes the pigment to precipitate out of a highly thinned
sample gives a good indicator of how fine they are. The Chinese
umbers I used for washes had such a coarse  particle that by the time
you had it thinned enough for a good wash and picked up the model and
brush, the pigment was in a pool in the bottom!
Still like Trumpeter kits, though..........

Nigel Cheffers-Heard
su3264 at eclipse.co.uk
0771 261 4514
Bridge Inn