[WWI] Phönix C.I started/ was: Hernan Meza is out of the office.

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 21:15:31 EST 2007

Hi Ivan:

>From: Ivan Carlos Ruchesi <ivruc at yahoo.com.ar>
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:13:32 -0300 (ART)

>Choroszy Modelbud sell a Phonix C.I featuring a five point star on the
>fuselage, is it like the AG one?
>
>http://www.modelbud.pl/modelbud/kataloga/ang/a114.htm

This shows a red star but Americal-Gryphon has their's in black as does the
colour profile in the FMP Big Book. Unfortunately, my Americal-Gryphon black
star decal is out of register and missing the the white surround on the
right hand side of the star.  At first I thought this was deliberate but the
picture in the FMP Big Book shows an even white surround to the star
clearly.  No matter, if necessary, I can always improvise a bit of white
decal strip.

I understand from Peter Plattner that the Choroszy kit is fantastic but I
don't like resin dust and I especially don't like having to glue things
together with super glue or epoxy resin. Choroszy produces both a late and
early version, the main difference is the cut away part at the aft of the
lower wing adjacent to the fuselage for the late version.

>If memory doesn´t fail, I think this plane is credited as having shot down
>Francesco Baracca by >some sources...

Correct, according to the FMP Big Book.

Cutting the fuselage out of the sheet now... well not "now" but this evening
- I'm in the process of cutting it out.

Michael