[WWI] Airco DH2 Build

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:53:53 EDT 2007

Stephen:

Don't really know what things looked like in 1918 but museums have various
shades.  The linen on the Wright Bros. replica at the College Park museum is
white.  The fabric on the exhibits in the RAF museum in Colindale is
off-white, sort of cream. There's obviously the possibility that there is a
systemmatic difference across countries and manufacturers, although evidence
might be hard to find.

In terms of modeling, I am thiking of doing the Spinne in white but that's
pre-WW1.  Usually, I use Humbrol 103 (Cream) or Polyscale Aged White, which
is also cream-colored.  Others use  more very light beige, such as "Sail"
from the Mr. Hobby range.

This subject crops up from time to time so one possible means of research is
look at the archives - it's a lot to sort through but I'm sure there's a
fair amount of information in them.

Michael

"I don't need a nicotine patch, I smoke cigarettes!"