[WWI] Airco DH2 Build

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Mon Apr 30 09:46:38 EDT 2007

Ah, thank you.
CDL stands for Clear Doped Linen.
So, now my next questions.
1) Although the linen is doped, does the color change in time due to
a) the bleaching effect of exposure to the sun?
b) the effect of the burnt castor oils being sprayed all over the plane from
the rotaty engines. Yes this may not be relevant if the engine was a pusher.
2) Was there a significant noticable variation in the color of the original
linen as it came from variouis factories during the war?
Thanks,
Stephen