[WWI] Need help visualizing a decal

Andy Bannister a.bann at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 27 11:27:39 EDT 2007

> I see what you mean Michael. The business edge of the mask can be sealed
> down while the outer edge can wrinkle a bit with no harm. I have had very
> iffy results masking and painting directly on models, so I'll probably try
> Diego's idea first, but failing in that, this is a good fallback technique.
> Thanks

If you slice masking tape into 1/16" or even 1/32" strips it will go around extremely tight curves, even compound curves, with no problem. I really think you'd be better off trying to paint this on rather than making a decal, even if you outline it with black decal strips as has been suggested.

Andy