[WWI] Added:Airco DH.2

Thayer Syme thayers at flyrc.com
Fri Apr 27 11:10:15 EDT 2007

At 10:44 AM 4/27/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>    Paul Carpenter sent in photos of his Airco DH.2,
>See http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Carpenter/Allied/index.html#DH-2
>or see news.

Lovely model Paul, and a design I have long admired. Because of
Paul's inspiration, I've a related offer for listees.

Through a series of trades and barters, a quarter scale kit ended up
in my care a while ago. That's 25% the size of the original a/c, not
1/4-inch to the foot, a.k.a. 1:48.
http://arizonamodels.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/10/products_id/109

It was begun by the original purchaser, but only the initial framing
of the fuselage pod has been done. I have come to realize that I will
never complete this model. If anyone is interested, I will gladly
inventory and document what I have, and pass it along for a pittance.
I would much rather have it in the hands of another enthusiast, than
getting slowly buried in my garage while waiting for my widow to toss
it in the dumpster some day.

Thayer