[WWI] Need help visualizing a decal

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Fri Apr 27 10:06:45 EDT 2007

Here is how I would do it:
1) Put a piece of wide masking tape over the decal area right on the model.
2) With a sharp but soft lead pencil draw the design on the masking tape.
Soft lead so you do not have to indent the tape and make mistakes hard to
erase.
3) remove the tape and lay it flat on a piece of paper,
4) Now you have your choice of methods to finish the work.
You might try scanning it into the computer, perhaps as a jpg file.
Then put the scanned image into whatever graphic program you are using and
draw over it. Most graphic programs can make nice curves and the like (I use
AutoCAD myself  but that is because I am a draftsman and have it).
5) Then print it onto decal paper.
Stephen