[WWI] First Impressions: Rodent Be12b build.

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Fri Apr 27 00:48:26 EDT 2007

> I wouldn't know about any of that. This is an ugly airplane and only has a
> place in my collection because I want a complete collection and generous
> Shane sent it to me for Secret Santa.
> I have no references, or even a cursory knowledge of the Be series, and
> even if I did have references, I'd have lost them in the flood.
> I'm just building this OOB and will actively turn a deaf ear towards any
> comments that would cause me to start modifying things and getting all
> AMS'd over it.

OK, sorry!  I made a mistake very common in the modeling world. I took it as
given that everybody wants to build as accurate and realistic models as
possible, ie has AMS symptoms of some level. Ugly airplane? I do not agree!
It's the Bf thingies that are ugly not the Be ones!

> I also forgot to mention that one of my LG struts is broken on the sprue.
> I could fix it but I'm willing to put Roden's customer service to the test
> and see if they can get me a replacement by the time I'm ready for it. Who
> has the address where I can request that part?
> E.

I've got the same problem with my BE2c kit. I'm going to try this:
roden at rodenplant.com
if no-one here will know a better one

Mikko