[WWI] First Impressions: Rodent Be12b build.

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:13:14 EDT 2007

>From: "Mikko Saarela"
>
>I noticed this first with my brand new Roden BE2c kit

Which 'this' are you talking about?

>BE12b kit as well and yes, of course, it has the same parts for the wing
>cellule and the same mistake too:  the inner pairs of the interplane struts
>should be wider than the outer pairs. These kits offer 4 pairs of similar
>struts of the narrow outer strut kind. Thre are - however- also 4 somewhat
>wider struts with pitot tubes on them. I think they are usable as inner
>struts if you just cut out the tube detail.

I wouldn't know about any of that. This is an ugly airplane and only has a
place in my collection because I want a complete collection and generous
Shane sent it to me for Secret Santa.
I have no references, or even a cursory knowledge of the Be series, and even
if I did have references, I'd have lost them in the flood.
I'm just building this OOB and will actively turn a deaf ear towards any
comments that would cause me to start modifying things and getting all AMS'd
over it.

I also forgot to mention that one of my LG struts is broken on the sprue. I
could fix it but I'm willing to put Roden's customer service to the test and
see if they can get me a replacement by the time I'm ready for it. Who has
the address where I can request that part?
E.