[WWI] First Impressions: Rodent Be12b build.

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Thu Apr 26 11:28:20 EDT 2007

Ernest!

I noticed this first with my brand new Roden BE2c kit and dug up my BE12b
kit as well and yes, of course, it has the same parts for the wing cellule
and the same mistake too:  the inner pairs of the interplane struts should
be wider than the outer pairs. These kits offer 4 pairs of similar struts of
the narrow outer strut kind. Thre are - however- also 4 somewhat wider
struts with pitot tubes on them. I think they are usable as inner struts if
you just cut out the tube detail.

The horizontal tail of the BE12b kit has been discussed here already. If I
uderstood right, it should be the pointy BE2e type not the rectangular BE2c
type coming with the kit.

Mikko