[WWI] laminating propellors

Andy Bannister a.bann at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 26 07:25:50 EDT 2007

Doug:

> I cannot vouch for the truth, but I heard that CA was devised during the Vietnam war to stick together broken soldiers. Being somewhat clumsy, if this is true, I am definate proof. That being the case, I cannot imagine that they would allow it if it had had any harmful side-effects. Still, use common sense; make sure you are in a well ventilated place.

That's the common belief but it's not true. It was actually developed during WWII as a material for gunsight reflectors IIRC. It was later tested as a possible "liquid suture" and worked quite well, as I'm sure anyone who's glued their fingers together with it attest to.

As for not allowing it if it had possible side effects, let me just say one word: Thalidomide.

Andy