[WWI] laminating propellors

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Wed Apr 25 14:13:54 EDT 2007

Question to all,
How many years do you think this constant use of CA will take off your life?
I work with all sorts of resins, polyesters, epoxies, glues (like CA)
because I am a sculptor.
In warm weather I work outdoors - with a face mask that has two filters on
the sides (not that silly painter's mask that does nothing but lighten your
wallet).
In cold weather I work indoors but near an open window with a fan blowing
the fumes away from me to get lot of vetillation.
Modelers and craftsman and hobbiests are rather noted for ignoring the
dangers of the new chemicals. We survived all that paint dope and "banana
oil" and glue from our youth, right?
Well, I started modeling at age 4 (during WW2) and began painting, indoors,
with the old paints and glues and I now have a problem with shortness of
breath. I wonder why?
You ignore the dangers of CA and the resins at your peril. Use it but
protect yourself. Some guys laugh at me when I say this. Fine, just make me
the beneficiary of your life insurance policy and I'll cackle with glee all
the way to the bank.
Old geezer Stephen