[WWI] laminating propellors

ot 811 list ot811.wwi+list at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:22:03 EDT 2007

Andy, Neil,
    I use fine-grained thin (1/64") veneer instead of ply, using wood-glue
to laminate them.
I also apply light coats of thin CA during the shaving, sanding process.
The coats are applied whenevr the un-ca'd portions get exposed during the
trimming.
For the final stages, I do not apply any CA.
This is very effective in  preventing splintering.
    The problem with the CA though is that, if any lis eft over in the final
stage, the varnish  coat can become splotchy.
regards
Sanjeev