[WWI] laminating propellors

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Wed Apr 25 08:38:24 EDT 2007

>Not a bad idea Neil, I may give that a go as I do sometimes get a bit
of
>splintering on the fine trailing edges. I use thinned brown paint for a
>stain and I like the way the raw wood soaks it up so the CA method may
not
>be for me.

I don't stain mine, so that explains why CA works for me. I do try and
choose a wood that is fine-grained and the correct colour before
starting.

>Perhaps there's a thin resin or some other kind of glue you could use
that
>wouldn't cause you to break out in a rash?!

Snuffling is my thing, I once stayed at home for a week because I
thought
I'd got the flu, it was just the CA, as soon as I felt better I started
hitting
the CA again, and got sick. Took me a week to catch on! I use a gasmask
and a stiff upper lip now.

>Cheers,
>Andy

>P.S. I was only kidding about the Richard Branson part - I suppose it's
just
>a matter of time before I receive a "Cease & Desist" order from his
>solicitors...!

Of course.
I'm busy reading your website, love the rants!
/Neil