[WWI] ANZAC Day 2007

Douglas Anderson djandersonza at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 06:08:16 EDT 2007

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for South Africa. There is still a steady stream of youngsters that will attend Rememberance Day, but the majority couldn't care.

Shane Weier <bristolf2b at hotmail.com> wrote:  Hi all

I'm just back from the Dawn Service held at 4.28am each year, the minute
when our troops landed at Galipolli this day in 1915.

When I was at school, in the time of Vietnam, there was much talk that ANZAC
Day would fade away, and Australians forget why we mark that day. Yet
despite the steady loss of veterans over the years, there has been an
equally steady rise in the number of people attending each year since. This
morning was the largest crowd at the little suburban service I now attend in
the 12 years I've been going there.

Lots more kids too. They actually know a deal more about WW1 and what the
ANZAC tradition means to this nation than you'd expect of youngsters.

Lest we forget.

Shane

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Quidvis recte factum,
quanvis humile, praeclarum

Advertisement: Silverchair: Young Modern – listen to full tracks plus win
gig tickets!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=772&referral=competitionpage&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/silverchair