[WWI] Rivets

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Tue Apr 24 10:05:04 EDT 2007

Model railroad rivits are made to conform to the scales of the trains.
HO gauge is 1/87 scale, S gauge is 1/64 (3/16"=1'), O gauge is 1/48
(1/4"=1').  The other gauges include  G gauge which ranges from 1/32 up to
1/20.8 so I won't go there in this discussion. Neither will I discuss N
gauge (1/160) which is too small for rivets. Z gauge is too small for
anything.
The link to Grandt Line Products is http://www.grandtline.com
if anyone wants to check them out.
Its is not a bad idea to  go into a well equipped model shop and look at all
the different model hobbies they stock. Buy a few magazines and look at all
the ads to see what is available. I've been making model railroads, ships,
airplanes (static and flying), military vehicles, figures, cars, trucks,
etc. for more than half a century and I find that one can take parts from
one hobby and use them in the others.
Like they say, knowledge is power.
Stephen