[WWI] Re Laminating Propellors

Clarence Wentzel cewentzel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:32:33 EDT 2007

Hi Graham,

I have been pleased with my method of painting laminated wood props.
First, I paint the prop a wood color.  I use Model Masters #1735.  Then, I apply thin strips of masking tape along the prop.
Finally, I spray a coat of a darker color.  I use Model Masters Leather.  A realistic appearance results.
Check out my web site at http://www.geocities.com/cewentzel/Oeffag.html for photos.
I build 1/72 scale.  If you build larger scale, you might want to also Future the prop and then add a light coat of oil paint brushed to show wood grain.

Clare