[WWI] Rivets

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Mon Apr 23 18:34:47 EDT 2007

Has anyone thought of using common sewing pins for the rivits?
You can set up your drill press with a small diameter drill and clamp a
guide to the press table and drill the holes for the rivets/pins. Then a dab
of glue and put the pin in and when the glue has set snip off the sharp
pointy part on the back.
Since these are small models and usually made of plastic one could get a
Dremel tool and the Dremel drill press set-up for it. Yes,  it would cost a
little money but how much do the resin kits cost these days? So one buys one
less kit and instead invests in a drill press and sits there drilling row
after row of teeny tiny little holes until one wife gets alarmed and calls
in the boys with the big net and they take one away to the building with the
rubber rooms. Modeling is soooo relaxing, isn't it?
Doctors used to prescribe a hobby for the overstressed business man. Now,
however, the doctors may recommend a business career for the overstressed
hobbiest!
How did that old song from the 1950's used to go? "They're coming to take me
away, away, away...."
Stephen, the old riveter.