[WWI] Most produced

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Mon Apr 23 12:53:22 EDT 2007

>Gotta be the Camel, especially given the Ship's Camels!  I'll have to check
>my serial number books...

I think so, too. There were 5695 Camels produced during the war. The
production of DH 9 during the war was 3204 and DH 9A 885. My sources are
rather old, Profile Publ. no 31 - Sopwith Camel and the good old Kenneth
Munson's pocket encyclopaedia (I've got newer Camel files buried somewhere
under huge piles of unecessary modeling stuff during my recent Camel builds
and I'm too lazy to dig 'em up, since I don't think they'd gi anything
dramatically different for the production volyme)

The production of DH9s - however - went on after the war the production of
Camel did not. Maybe there were finally more DH9s produced?

Mikko
-
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:56