[WWI] mark IV tank book

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Mon Apr 23 11:30:13 EDT 2007

Michael!
> That sounds like an unpleasant experience.

It is, like all modeling tasks, to some extent. Unless you are building with
Eduard Super ZoomSpecial Royal Thong. Then it becomes a pleasure. Curious.

> I will have to think of a different method.

A guy-I-know(TM) shaves rivets from another kit with a hobby knife, and then
uses it in the tanh he's building. Admittedly, the rivets look as good as
from the kit where it's taken from, but it's an unpleasant AND expensive
method as well. Grzes swears by pellets taken from water purificators, IIRC.

>  Not a real issue for me since I seem to be mesmerized by all these
> unbuilt WW1 vacs in my storage bin.

Ohh well! Take that Cramercraft kit out. You know you like punishment.

> Yes, I am taking pictures as I go. Things are moving slowly because I am
> trying not to mess it up. Also,  whenever I have a problem, I can phone
> Bob Wheeler for advice but that leads to us wandering around off the
> subject and I don't get back to the model very quickly.:) Still, it's
> always nice to speak with him.

That's very convenient! I doubt we can call every kit manufacturer to chat
about the product. What if we call Mr. Airfix and tell him what we think
about that weird RE8 crewmen?
D.