[WWI] Thank you, Mike

Old Fokker OldFokker at neb.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 10:45:46 EDT 2007

That's what I liked about judging contests.  You get to see how others
build, and it was always a learning experience for me.

What bothers me about the after market stuff is the price.  If you want to
go that route and add everything including the kitchen sink, it becomes a
case of who has the deepest pockets.  There is a definite advantage to
scratch building parts--you have to do the research.  It's this learning
experience that makes it fun for me.  I like using aftermarket for spoked
wheels and other things that are hard for me to scratchbuild.

One comment about aftermarket stuff--in planning for an ot Westland
Lysander, I noticed (using the Mushroom Publications Lysander book) that
some parts on the Eduard PE set are only appropriate for the Canadian
version of the aircraft.  The Eduard instructions do not indicate this
stipulation.  It always pays to do your homework.

Paul