[WWI] Why to stick in one scale, WAS: Added:Albatros D.III

mikemuth at ptd.net mikemuth at ptd.net
Sat Apr 21 23:26:49 EDT 2007

Well, it is late Saturday night and I am taking a break from rigging a Pfalz.
So.....I used to alternate between the 2 scales, with an occasional foray into
1/32. The rigging for the smaller scale just got too hard for me to do. I am
56 and my eyes, not to mention my fingers, just aren't what they used to be.
The 1/32 airplanes seem soooo big when I am working on them. Any mistake seems
huge. Lately, I have caught the WWII bug. I know, I have already made an act
of contrition. However, aside from the Wildcat, I am making them in 1/72.
Quick and easy. I also don't worry about detailing, or much else. A little bit
of research to get me excited, but no worrying about any kit inaccuracies,
etc. Basic builds that allow me to experiment with colors, paint and the airbrush.
Mike Muth