[WWI] / spad 13 at brussels/ toby/ RE 8

Richard Weber ltr14 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 22:25:10 EDT 2007

Thanks Paul.  I contacted the museum directly a couple months ago, but I haven't heard anything.  My French is pretty lousy.  Maybe they're still laughing.  :-)

  If you manage to get access to this rare bird, the most important dimensions are the length of the nose from the leading edge of the lower wing, and the size of the nose radiator.  If they turn you loose on it, then any other dimensions would be icing on the cake.  The supplemental radiator, exhaust pipes, and prop, plus anything else that is unique to the Belgian version would all help in making the drawing a better job.

  If they have any details of the history of this particular machine, I think it would make the basis of a nice article for one of the journals.

Rich

Paul Thompson <flutes at xs4all.nl> wrote:If I get there before it closes I'll have a go, but it's unlikely. Could be
shut for 2 years, for refurbishment of the building. But there are a few
Belgian listees who might be able to help.

Paul T.