[WWI] / spad 13 at brussels/ toby/ RE 8

Paul Thompson flutes at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 20 12:38:46 EDT 2007

>Hi,

This thread touched a nerve.  I've gotten the idea that the Belgian version
of the RE 8 would make a great subject for a Free Flight model.  I've
scounged every photo I can find on the web and in print.  I haven't found a
drawing.  I'm perfectly willing to draw my own but I'd rather not do it
without a few dimensions to go on.  Is there any way to get the basic
measurments from the nose of that Brussels machine?   As much as I'd like to
get them myself, the chances are that it will be many years before I can
make the trip to Belgium.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I'd be glad
to share the drawing once it's completed.

Cheers,

Rich W.
<

If I get there before it closes I'll have a go, but it's unlikely. Could be
shut for 2 years, for refurbishment of the building. But there are a few
Belgian listees who might be able to help.

Paul T.