[WWI] Why to stick in one scale,

Douglas Anderson djandersonza at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 12:30:31 EDT 2007

I do model railroading too. I started in HO, moved to N, and am back at HO, but for an unrelated reason; I decided that I wanted to do away with American or European profile and model South African railways. There are a number of cottage industries and kits available in HO, so for that reason I moved to taht scale. I am also modeling larger, but then that is because it is live steam, so I can pretend that eye-site and broken fingers had nothing to do with it

michael wuyek <mawuyek at yahoo.com> wrote:  For some of us it's like railroad modeling, as an old railroading guy told me. When you're young, you start off in 'N' scale, as you get older, you go to 'HO'; as your eyes get worse, you move up to "O" gauge. Finally you retire, and you have a 'G' gauge track going around your yard.
So I started off with 1/48 as a youth, but finishing all the available 1/48 WWI back then was quick and easy. Then I went to 1/72 scale. Like you, I like to compare sizes and I can display a lot of them.There are more models available in that scale than any other.
But as I Age, I notice certain things are harder to do close up..The doctor has me fitted with TRI-FOCALS!!! The bottom lens is practically useless, as I can see better closer without my glasses. So I've been stocking up with certain 1/48 scale kits, although the ones with brass etched parts are no easier to see in 1/48. I figure when My eyes really start to go, I'll switch to the pile of 1/32 scale aircraft I've been collecting.

Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.