[WWI] Why to stick in one scale,

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Fri Apr 20 09:40:44 EDT 2007

Michael, that's no joke.
I went from HO gauge in my teens to O gauge scale model railroading in my
40's and now in my '60's I'm in G gauge. In terms of model tanks I now
prefer 1/18 and am getting rid of all my unbuilt 1/35 scale kits.
In model airplanes I switched over to 1/32 scale years ago. I find that now
I cannot stand to even touch the tiny little models. For me it is a tactile
as well as a visual thing. Must be a function of age, I guess. Yes, I have
trifocals (blended) and I, too, remove my glasses for close up work, except
when I use the magnifying lenses that attach to my eyeglasses.
The old geezer.