[WWI] Why to stick in one scale

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Fri Apr 20 09:08:40 EDT 2007

I like to build in one scale simply because I am comfortable with them all
in the same scale. We build models to satisfy our emotions, the irrational
part of our being. So there really is not much of a rational  answer other
than I like it that way. At least it works for me.
I like model airplanes in 1/32 scale.
I have very few airplane kits left in any scale smaller than 1/32.
I like model tanks and military vehicles in the larger scales, like 1/18,
which I recently discovered. I am keeping my 1/25 tanks for use with my
model railroad which is in G gauge (G gauge runs in scales from 1/35, 1/32,
1/29. 1/24, 1/25, 1/22.8 to 1/20.5 - makes rivet counter modelers  run
screaming from the room). The bulk of  my 1/35 scale military vehicle kits
are being sold on ebay as fast as I can list them. The built tanks and
partial kits are being used in my sculpture.
Again, why do I build to one scale?
Because I like it.
Enjoy