[WWI] Why to stick in one scale,

sperry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 20 09:04:24 EDT 2007

> > Instead of starting the annual contradiction about the insect and dubblo
> > scales, sould we - for a change - discuss about why do we actually want
> > stick in one scale.

I get very little kick out of a collection of built models. I get my kick
out of building models. I don't limit myself to any one scale because there
are great kits in all scales.

Whether it is a shake the box Eduard kit or a misshapen blob of styrene
masquerading as a model kit, if a kit yells, "Build Me!", then it will be an
enjoyable build. If that kit doesn't speak to me, then building it is going
to be pure drudgery. Which scale the kit is, isn't nearly as relevant to me.

Lately, poor eyesight has made 1/72 scale less enjoyable for smaller
aircraft, but I'll build anything from 1/144 to 1/8 scale if the kit excites
me.
sp