[WWI] Why to stick in one scale,

michael wuyek mawuyek at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 07:23:43 EDT 2007

For some of us it's like railroad modeling, as an old railroading guy told me. When you're young, you start off in 'N' scale, as you get older, you go to 'HO'; as your eyes get worse, you move up to "O" gauge. Finally you retire, and you have a 'G' gauge track going around your yard.
   So I started off with 1/48 as a youth, but finishing all the available 1/48 WWI back then was quick and easy. Then I went to 1/72 scale. Like you, I like to compare sizes and I can display a lot of them.There are more models available in that scale than any other.
   But as I Age, I notice certain things are harder to do close up..The doctor has me fitted with TRI-FOCALS!!! The bottom lens is practically useless, as I can see better closer without my glasses. So I've been stocking up with certain 1/48 scale kits, although the ones with brass etched parts are no easier to see in 1/48. I figure when My eyes really start to go, I'll switch to the pile of 1/32 scale aircraft I've been collecting.