[WWI] WWI Belgian Spad XIII

DANIEL CLAMOT daniel.clamot at skynet.be
Thu Apr 19 12:34:22 EDT 2007

Some new infos for those profiles.
I've just discussed with my good fellow Frédéric Liefferinckx, and he adds
the following:

The profile of Edmond Thieffry's Spad sounds very strange. You must have to
know that Thieffry flew a very few time with his Spad, being shot down after
only a few missions. Not sure that he had the time to apply special markings
on his aircraft. Like me, Fred only knows photos of Thieffry's aircraft
without the Comet!

For what concerns the Spad XIII of Brussels Air Museum, Fred told me that
the colors of the camo are all but authentic: the aircraft of the museum was
repainted during the 70's or early 80's, with... Vietnam camo paints!!!

HTH
Daniel