[WWI] aluminium and corrosion was SPAD 13 Internal fitting

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Thu Apr 19 10:50:25 EDT 2007

S!
>>Interesting. Would you think that this policy may have been applied during
>>WW1?
>
> ...on, for example, the ammo boxes on an Albatros

Curiosu you mention this as this was exactly what I was thinking on when
posted the question. I should check on my Mikesh NASM book, but now I doubt
if those were made of tinned sheet metal and not aluminium. What I do recall
was that the metallic hardware inside the Albatros cockpit was steel,
painted.
Sauvages...
D.