[WWI] SPAD 13 Internal fitting

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Thu Apr 19 07:48:15 EDT 2007

Dave!
> The Paris one does look like weathers aluminium.
> So various shades of silver paint it is!

I think you got it. Remember also that rubbing graphite from a pencil also
can give you results of varying matellic sheens (not to mention aluminium)
BTW the control column must be steel or iron, since on the picture of the
French Spad cockpit you can see some rust spots there. Something improbable
during its operational use! Notice that some fittings like clamps and such
are painted a sort of powder blue.
D.