[WWI] SPAD 13 Internal fitting

dave fleming dave.fleming at dial.pipex.com
Thu Apr 19 07:19:04 EDT 2007

Quoting Diego Fernetti <dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar>:

> > OK, anyone got pictures of the infernals of one of the surviving
> > unrestored
> > SPAD types?
>
> IIRC an issue of SMI has a photoreport of the Spad VII at Le Bourget, but I
> can't say for sure if it has inner details pictures. It is restored, but I
> think that it's fairly left undisturbed.

Looking at the Czech Vii & the Paris XIII (Don't know how much restored they
were) the fittings appear natural metal - I'll avoid saying aluminium this
time!!

http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Fre/SPAD13/Bourget//LaAn/spad13_07.jpg

http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Fre/SPAD7/Kbely/mb_s7_01.jpg

The Paris one does look like weathers aluminium.

So various shades of silver paint it is!

Dave