[WWI] SPAD 13 Internal fitting

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:24:11 EDT 2007

Neil

>How common were aluminium fittings this early? I thought aluminium
>was a rather modern material?

Dornier? Junkers?

In any case, that's irrelevant. The original poster (Dave Fleming) asked
*this* question

>On the Memorial Flight aircraft, many of the fittings appear to be plain
>aluminium - would 'period' aircraft be like this, or would they be coated
>in some way?

I responded on the subject of aluminium fittings by asking "why would you
coat them at all?"

As list grouch I really should stick grumpily to the subject!

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum