[WWI] SPAD 13 Internal fitting

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:05:55 EDT 2007

'ming

>I hadn't thought about protective oxidisation, but that would make sense
>(It's
>been 20 years since I last studied metallurgy!) - unless it's like the
>Queen's
>Flight or certain airlines who polish it!
>
>Mind you, I'd imagine the cockpit of an open WW1 biplane would be a pretty
>hostile environment.

More so that the cycle of oven/washing machine/oven that al aluminium baking
pan can survive for decades?

Shane

(PS - my metallurgy training finished in about 1978, but after my time in
the Army I worked for a mining company for 15 years)

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum