[WWI] aluminium fittings; "striped" Halb. Cl II

john isn't eddie anymore druvnik at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 12:26:03 EDT 2007

Light blue finish on aluminium can be anodic or HAE (hot acid etched) a la` unions you see on hotrod and modern aero fittings-it's a lightweight anti-corrosive treatment.
   My Q-I'm refinishing my old Aurora Halberstat. I wouls like to replicate one a/c that I have but one view of- in The First Warbirds, there's a front 3/4 view of a Cl II that appears to have a Rumpler-like striped commo pattern on the fuselage. Anyone know the particulars of this cammo?-J marganski