[WWI] Rheinbeck

J. Michael Vice jmikl at cmc.net
Sat Apr 14 15:59:06 EDT 2007

It's been years, but I'm sure the aircraft are all 1:1.  Talk about happy circumstances, when I went there (mid-80's?) I wrote to Cole Palen beforehand, mentioning my bona fides and asked if I could photograph the aircraft up close.  Not only did he allow me to do that, but when I arrived a couple of hours before the show he took me on a 1:1 tour of the place AND let me come into his house to "hangar fly" while he was putting on his "Black Baron" makeup before the show!  What a gentleman!!

                                                                        Mike