[WWI] Von Richtofen & Brown Film

Joel Christy jbarchristy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 10:13:29 EDT 2007

Hi Diego,

  I saw that film in COLOUR! I know it was in the early 70's and was a bit anti war at the time of the Vietnam War. I heard then that a lot of the footage came from outakes of The Blue Max which was also filmed in Ireland. Some actor named something Lord played Richtofen but I can't remenber who played Brown. Not bad as I recall.

  Cheers,

  Joel

Diego Fernetti <dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar> wrote:
  Stephen!
>I did a Google search for "Richtofen movie" and got some intereesting
>sites.
> It seems that there is a movie that will be available on DVD at the end of
> this month. It is called "Von Richtofen and Brown" about both the Red
> Baron and the Pilot called Brown who is supposed to have shot him down. It
> is confusing because the DVD is due out in a couple of weeks yet the
> movie was made, in black and white, in 1971.

I saw the movie long ago. It was a B class movie, but with interesting
flying scenes. Of note it is that the famous author Richard Bach flew some
of the stunts. I wonder if this DVD release would bring more on that...
D.