[WWI] Flyboys

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:16:32 EDT 2007

>From: "Shane Weier" <bristolf2b at hotmail.com>
>
>Personally, Tamiya kits don't do much for me. They have lost sight of the
>value of subtlety - the Matchbox trenchdigger now works there, using a
>narrower trowel to be sure, but still excavating deep and unsightly panel
>lines.

Doesn't that make them more attractive in your eyes because you have to
"deal" with the panel lines - else it'd be no challenge?

>I don't fear them moving into the WW1 space, but I do fear Eduard's
>apparent rush to emulate them.

Somewhat perturbed to hear that the Eduard 1/72nd scale Nieuport 17 cost
AUS$30 in Australia and only US$10-US$12 in the US.  Are Eduard doing some
wretched sole distribution thing like MPM?  I noticed that NKR's doesn't
have them.

Michael