[WWI] Flyboys

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:05:53 EDT 2007

Magnus says

>Have you tried Tamiyas Swordfish? Worth every cent, even if it hurt like
>hell when I bought it. Together with the AM F3´s, I consider it to be one
>of the best kits I´ve ever seen.

Woe !   Woe !

Neither is even OT !   How could they be any good at all?

FWIW while Michael can't imagine Tamiya doing better than Eduard on the
Nie-17, I am quite sure that that is irrelevant, since there are millions
who would assume it to be better despite any evidence to the contrary.

Personally, Tamiya kits don't do much for me. They have lost sight of the
value of subtlety - the Matchbox trenchdigger now works there, using a
narrower trowel to be sure, but still excavating deep and unsightly panel
lines.

I don't fear them moving into the WW1 space, but I do fear Eduard's apparent
rush to emulate them.

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,