[WWI] Paris/DFW B.1

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Mon Apr 9 12:34:47 EDT 2007

>   The DFW B.I exhibit shown in Windsock Vol.11, No.6 was in 1915 !
>    There is a painting of B.451/14 on display in the Musee de l'Armee in
> Paris on the cover, and a photo of the same subject on page 27.
çAlways wondered what they did with this, and other downed aircraft
exhibited in the streets of Paris during WW1. For sure they were scrapped as
long as people lost interest on them, but what may have been the ultimate
fate of those airframes? I recal that recently Carlos Carreira showed a very
clear picture of a crashed Roland D.II (or D.IIa) that was the only one in
the type that has some glimpse into the cockpit. Very interesting stuff!
D.