[WWI] Flyboys

Knut Erik Hagen knut.erik.hagen at eunet.no
Sat Apr 7 07:39:18 EDT 2007

Hei,

The movie never made it to cinemas in Norway and I have only seen
an "unofficial" copy of it - I am not sure if it is in the video stores here.

There were enough colourful characters among the volunters for more
than one movie, I do not think any of the ones in the movie were to far out.

So they had a good idea, decent Nieuport replicas / CGI effects and actors
-still they did not make it into a good movie.

To me the major problem with the movie was lack of continuity, just like
they made the movie by condensing together episodes from a TV series.
Maybe they should have concentrated on one of the main characters,
for instance Eugene Bullard - his story is worth telling.

The best result of the movie is that Eduard brought us a top rate Nieuport...

 Eders
Knut Erik