[WWI] Flyboys

Stephen Auslender auslend at snet.net
Fri Apr 6 22:44:41 EDT 2007

OK guys, my turn.
I read so many of your posts about the film "The Flyboys" that I had to rent
it.
What did I think of it?
Well, It was pertty so-so, even kind of boring at times until the last big
battle at the end of the film and then they ruined the whole thing.
Talk about a hokey ending!
Its like they had an average writer who had just finished a high school
course in creative writing do the film, using all the tricks he learned
reading a book on making Hollywood type films. Then they went Hollywood and
brought in a drunken old hack to butcher it at the ending.
It was almost as bad as the last film make of Pearl Harbor - but nothing
could be that bad!
It appears that Hollywood thinks special effects can compensate for really
bad writing.
The last good WW1 aviation film I saw was "Wings" and that was made how many
years ago? Seventy five?
I'm surprised the film lasted three days in Canada.
Pretty aeroplanes, though.
Stephen