[WWI] Anyone planning on US IPMS region 6 next month?

timothy mixon mixontda at msn.com
Fri Apr 6 18:49:13 EDT 2007

John, I am very sorry to hear of your unexpected hospital stay. I am an ICU 
nurse and know all too well that there is no such thing as a" routine" 
surgery. I am pleased to hear that you are on the mend.

>From: John Huggins <huggins1 at swbell.net>
>Reply-To: World War I Modeling Mailing List <wwi at wwi-models.org>
>To: World War I Modeling Mailing List <wwi at wwi-models.org>
>Subject: Re: [WWI] Anyone planning on US IPMS region 6 next month?
>Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:53:27 -0500
>At the moment, I will be attending this year.  My plans are to be  just a 
>person attending, and not working, but that may change.
>As some of you know, I was having some back problems while in KC for  the 
>Nationals last year.  The results were that the previous surgery  had 
>failed and that there were new issues arising as a result. The  worst was 
>that the bones did not fuse which left the spine in a  constant moving 
>condition,  One of teh screws holding the rods in  place broke a year ago 
>January.  The second one broke early this  February.  That was when I 
>yelled Uncle and started the process for  corrective surgery.  I went in 
>the hospital on March 30 at 7am for  what was to be a routine 8 hour 
>procedure to remove the old stuff,  clean up the area and install the new 
>That is where routine stopped.  The procedure tool almost 11 hours,  but 
>was a success (for now).  I Due to the length of time being  asleep and on 
>my stomach, I got to spend a couple of days in ICU  getting things back up 
>and running.  I went to the general surgery  ward around noon on Monday, 
>and started the recovery process.  I was  released today at noon and am 
>home foe at least 8 weeks.
>So far, everything is healing much faster than the original surgery.   The 
>first time, I didn't even get out of bed for 4 days and was still  needing 
>help to turn in bed or get up.  Walks were no more than about  800 feet and 
>only twice a day at best. This time round, I was up  after 6 hours and 
>sitting in a chair.  Turning on my own and other  that having problems with 
>some of the internal plumbing not wanting  to wake up properly, should have 
>been on the ward Saturday morning.   I have been up and walking around the 
>ward all week with no  problems.  I am getting ready to go walk around the 
>block now.
>Any one who will be in Dallas for the R6 event, let me know and we  will 
>definitely have to have a list meeting.  If any one is up for  it, we could 
>possibly have a nice dinned meeting at one of the local  eateries.
>Let me know.
>On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:30 AM, <dr-i.417.17 at cox.net> <dr-i. 417.17 at cox.net> 
>>The Mrs and I thought we'd drop down from OKC and represent the  List and 

More information about the WWI mailing list