[WWI] Resin models

Paul Thompson flutes at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 5 12:18:19 EDT 2007

>I've had fairly good luck in soaking warped resin wings in a bowl of hot
>water (not boiling, just real hot). Let them soak for few minutes then
>gently bend/twist them into shape. It can take about 3-4 soakings to get
>them right, go slow and apply slow pressure so as not to break them.
-James

timothy mixon <mixontda at msn.com> wrote: I have recently purchased some
early released czech master resin kits on
ebay. A few of them have slightly warped wings. I have never built a
complete resin kit before and I'm not sure how to fix them. Any suggestions
would be much appreciated.

<

One caveat with what James says - early Czechmasters kits sometimes used a
resin with a really good memory, which is not what you want if the memory is
of the warped condition. IIRC Matt had this with their Spad XIII, and I've
got one of those and the same problem. You can heat and remove the warp,
then in the course of time it comes back. But that's only for some batches
of resin. In general the hot water trick works.

Paul T.