[WWI] My ot request

Mark Shannon shingend at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 2 19:27:07 EDT 2007

I got that much.  I just wondered if there was some particular enmity
between these two teams or standard jokes between the two sets of fans.
(along the lines here in Texas of Aggies (Texas A&M) versus Longhorns
(Univ. of Texas) where they tell jokes reflecting on the other's
studiousness, alcohol consumption, lack of common sense, personal hygiene,
etc.)  There just seemed like there was an implied inside joke.  Having no
stake in the Aggies/Longhorns rivalry, I wouldn't complain if someone gave
me free tickets to one of their games.

I'm sorry to have dragged this out.  I was hoping there was a simple inside
joke to the choice that any British football fan would be able to say, "Oh
yeah, you see, Man United fans .... while Manchester fans ...."

Mark Shannon
shingend at ix.netcom.com