[WWI] Over The Front Seminar

Knut Erik Hagen knut.erik.hagen at eunet.no
Mon Apr 2 11:20:04 EDT 2007

Hei,

I got the Email below from Over The Front regarding their upcoming seminar
in Wahington DC.
No chance of me making it - but there might be other list members who can:

  Eders
Knut Erik

----------------

>Subject: OTF_Membership Message
>
>Dear Friends and Colleagues,
>
>We cordially invite you to the 10th annual Over The Front Seminar, the
"Double Ace Seminar", on May 11th-12th, 2007 in Washington D.C.

>Special Note: The cut off date for reserving hotel rooms at the special OTF
rate is April 10, 2007. So don't delay, reserve your room today! Also note
that Seminar registration does not reserve your room. Contact the hotel to
make your room reservation.

>There are two easy ways to register:
>  1. Download the pdf registration form from
http://www.overthefront.com/Double_Ace_Registration.pdf print it out and
mail it in (check or credit card).

>  2. Register on-line at http://www.overthefront.com (VISA and MasterCard
payments only).

>See you there!
>
>    * The Seminar consists of a full day of presentations by some of the
most knowledgeable WWI aviation historians, including: Denny May, son of
Wilfred R. “Wop” May, the intended 81st victim of Manfred von Richthofen;
author and editor, Jon Guttman, on French WWI aerial operations;  aviation
artist Mike O’Neal on WWI aviation art; Col. Terry Finnegan, author of
Shooting the Front, on WWI aerial photography; and more

>    * A second full day of museum tours taking in both National Air & Space
Museum locations, the one we all know and love on the Smithsonian Mall and
NASM’s recent addition at Dulles, the Udvar-Hazy Center. You’ll see Ray
Brooks’s Spad 13 Smith IV, Fokker D.VII U-10, Albatross D.Va Stropp, Billy
Mitchell’s Spad XI, a Halberstadt Cl.IV, and more

>    * Breakfast and lunch both days, Friday evening’s League banquet, bus
transportation to and from the NASM Museums, and the chance to catch up with
all your old friends and indulge in plenty of hangar flying in the Over the
Front hospitality suite the evening of Thursday, May 10th.