[WWI] Junkers J.1 photos

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 1 16:24:09 EDT 2007

Hi Dave

   The J.I (also the AEG G.IV) was gift to Canada from the king after the
war and has never been restored.  It is now on semi-public view in the new
wing of the National Aviation Museum.  The fuselage is standing on the gear
and the top centre section is attached, there is no fabric.  The tail
consists of the vertical stabiliser.  All the flying surfaces are stored in
racks next to the fuselage.  I believe there are some pictures available on
the WW1 modelling website.  It has not been cleaned in eighty years and the
colours and camo have always been difficult to make out. However some of the
close-ups I took in September do show the colours to better advantage partly
because the new venue is slightly better lit than those in the past and it
now possible to get right up to the aircraft.  Let me know if you receive
the shot I sent alright and I'll send some more.  You too Tom.  They average
around 1.7-1.8 MB.

Brad